Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Event tracking set up via tag manager failed. Only old data are showing in reports...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up below to track the counts on the site navigation buttons, but I am not seeing correct data are showing in reports. The main issues are below.

1. Some of the old data from my previous settings were showing. I updated a few of the trigger, published the tags and data from the updated tags is not showing.

2. I added a couple of new tags, and published the tags. But, the data are not showing in reports.

Please help! Did I set up incorrectly?  Thank you

QA1.JPG

Event tracking set up via tag manager failed. Only old data are showing in reports...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @SOUR V

The trigger will be fired for all clicks on links where the URL (e.g. the href attribute of the links) contains "News" (provided you have no other scripts that prevent click events from bubbling).

So if you have a link to e.g. example.com/News/123, it will work. It will not work on links where "News" is not part of the actual URL.