Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Event Tracking Last Touch Attribution

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking to track last touch attribution to an event.  My site has multiple options to start the submit process, and I want to know exactly which way the process began.  There are 6 different events (Action/Label combinations) that can precede a submit event:

Event 1, Label A

Event 1, Label B

Event 1, Label C

Event 2, Label A

Event 2, Label B

Event 3, Label D 

The issue is that a user can start a submit with E1LA, but then ultimately submit with E2LB.  If I filter for segments that contain E1LA and a submit, I am attributing to the wrong action.  I want to work backwards, but can't seem to filter without over filtering, and Event Flow tracking seems useless.  Any suggestions?

Event Tracking Last Touch Attribution

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Unfortunately events paths are not supported by Google analytics in the time. The only workaround I could suggest is using sequence segments and you'll need a lot of them.

With Sequences you can create segment for every pair of ExAx followed by EyAy and then compare conversion rates for them.

Some future simplification could be a custom dimention containing full events path for users/sessions.