Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Event Label segment issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a issue when i create a customized segment to exclude one of my event label. I would like to exclude one event label ( using the "exactly matches" condition ) but when i compare it to a "all user" segment i realize that, others event label seems to be impacted by the segment. It will probably be more clear with following links

Segment parameterSegment parameterResultsResultsDoes someone could explain me what is the problem ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Bertrand,

You are creating a segment to exclude all session in which a hit that matches label 2 exists.  This not only throws out the label 2 event, but all other pageviews and events that took place in those sessions.  

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo, 

Make sens ! But is there any way to only exclude hits in a segment and not sessions ? 

Thx. 

Re: Event Label segment issue

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Bertrand,

I'm not sure I've tested this use case for it, but give sequence based segments a shot.

You can specify 1 action followed or not followed by another .. tricky part will be first interaction but you may be able to approximate what you want with something like this:

ss sbs include and exclude events.png

Hope that helps...

Best,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn