Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Elude Case Sensitivity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey!

I'm working on a dashboard for tracking our mobile app and i have encountered an issue:

There's different values, in this case event categories but with the same name (One is upper-case, one lower) for the two different app versions we provide and all of these values are shown in the same view.

Basically like this:

• LONDON
  • London
  • BARCELONA
  • Barcelona

So what i'm trying to do is to differentiate these two values by filtering upper and lower-case so i can have each one of them in their own dashlet.

I've tried filtering this with multiple RegEx strings ([A-Z] and so on) but i noticed that case sensitivity is off by default in GA.

Is there any way to elude or activate this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Elude Case Sensitivity

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Ola Z,

I would probably handle this differently, that is, you could create a segment based on each app version that is passing the upper/lower case and apply to a dashboard; it's not ideal but would work. You could also set a filter to lowercase them all moving forward.

More on advanced segments (hint: you'll have to go down to advanced>>Conditions and select the app version dimension)

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493?hl=en#create

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn