AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Elude Case Sensitivity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey!

I'm working on a dashboard for tracking our mobile app and i have encountered an issue:

There's different values, in this case event categories but with the same name (One is upper-case, one lower) for the two different app versions we provide and all of these values are shown in the same view.

Basically like this:

• LONDON
  • London
  • BARCELONA
  • Barcelona

So what i'm trying to do is to differentiate these two values by filtering upper and lower-case so i can have each one of them in their own dashlet.

I've tried filtering this with multiple RegEx strings ([A-Z] and so on) but i noticed that case sensitivity is off by default in GA.

Is there any way to elude or activate this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Elude Case Sensitivity

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Ola Z,

I would probably handle this differently, that is, you could create a segment based on each app version that is passing the upper/lower case and apply to a dashboard; it's not ideal but would work. You could also set a filter to lowercase them all moving forward.

More on advanced segments (hint: you'll have to go down to advanced>>Conditions and select the app version dimension)

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493?hl=en#create

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn