Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Campaign Parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Expert,

First of all sorry for my limited knowledge. Yesterday I received an alert in google analytic saying

Duplicate Campaign Parameters

Property mysite.com is receiving hits withutm_medium parameters of the same text but different letter cases.

Campaign parameters are case sensitive, so hits with the same medium text but different letter cases will show up separately in reports. As an example, the mediums "cpc" and "CPC" would be considered different mediums and would have separate rows in reports.

Property mysite.com is receiving hits withutm_medium parameters of the same text but different letter cases, such as:

• Referral
  • referral

To avoid having data from the same medium split across multiple rows in reports, ensure all your campaign links have parameters of the same case. Alternatively, you can set a case filter for Campaign Medium on your views.

I don't know what it is.. but i found one link where they said apply the filter to lowercase for all the campaign source. I did that. now i am getting a yellow line on the top saying.

You are using a filtered view, which may cause your Users count to be inaccurate. Learn more

I am not running any campaign. I run a small test last week from my adword account but currently not running any campaign. 

Can anyone help me with this. How can i fix it and what exactly that messages mean.

Regards,

Husnain

Re: Duplicate Campaign Parameters

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Husnain,

“Missing Campaign Parameters” message implies is that you are passing traffic source information via manual-tagging parameters but the information is not complete. You need at least 3 parameters to be specified - but one or more values for those parameters are missing.

Please check full post here @ https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Google-Analytics-Notificati...

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Re: Duplicate Campaign Parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Santosh,

Thanks for your reply. I have read the article.

Google Analytics reports data case-sensitive so if the values are the same,
it can be confusing if you have the keyword "Google" and "google" reported
differently. Customers should revise their manual-tagging parameters
setting.

and how would l do that. As i mentioned I am not running any campaign. I
did the filtration... campaign source to medium.. so is that fine or i have
to do something else. Who is running the campaign and how can i see more
detail.

What about the below notification

Audience Overview
You are using a filtered view, which may cause your Users count to be
inaccurate.