Analytics
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Campaign Parameters

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
<edited by a Community Manager as noted below> 

Campaign parameters are case sensitive, so hits with the same keyword text but different letter cases will show up separately in reports. As an example, the keywords "newsletter" and "Newsletter" would be considered different and would have separate rows in reports.

Property signin-email.com is receiving hits with utm_term parameters of the same text but different letter cases, such as:

Email.com
email.com

To avoid having data from the same keywords split across multiple rows in reports, you can set a case filter for Campaign Term on your views.

Please anyone give me solution...

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. This was done in order to remove a screenshot that included private information such as an email address, an account ID, or similar 
Please feel free to re-post the screenshot after having removed or entirely obscured any an all information that has the potential to put your accounts and/or your privacy at risk. Thank you for your understanding.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate Campaign Parameters

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Create a filter
Type - Custom > lowercase
Filter Field - Campaign Term (or whichever field you are wanting to change to lowercase)

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm facing this problem for Space-O Technologies.

"Property Space-O is receiving hits with utm_source parameters of the same text but different letter cases."

Can anyone help?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here