Analytics
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Display Custom Report On Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was trying to implement a custom report which displays users school and product details.

The approach is like we will push the users school and product details using the custom variables to Google Analytics(We will push data only from some screens of the application only).

Need a suggestion how to view the report, do we have to create a custom dimention / metrics for this? While creating custom dimension what scope we have to give? And also i want the data which we put should be displayed(It should show entire data for the given date)? What scope i have to use for custom variables, so that data should be remains.

Please give your suggestions. Thanks in Advance.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Display Custom Report On Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Baba, 

Not sure if i fully understand your question but if i'm right you're trying to push two custom dimensions (school and product detail). If so you need to do two things, 

#1 - Create the custom dimension in Admin Settings

1. Click Admin, and navigate to the property to which you want to add custom dimensions.
  2. In the PROPERTY column, click Custom Definitions > Custom Dimensions.
  3. Click New Custom Dimension.
  4. Add a Name.
    This can be any string, but use something unique so it’s not confused with any other dimension or metric in your reports.
  5. Select the Scope.
    Choose to track at the Hit, Session, User, or Product level. Read more about scope and how custom dimensions are processed in our Developer Guide.
  6. Check the Active box to start collecting data and see the dimension in your reports right away. To create the dimension but have it remain inactive, uncheck the box.
  7. Click Create.

Source: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709829?hl=en&ref_topic=2709827

#2 - Setup code to push your custom dimensions to Analytics. Here's a great article to helps explain it! https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/custom-dims-mets

Let me know if this answers your question! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’