Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy in the number of users?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm facing an issue. In the Users overview section, I have 2 different figures depending on the timeslot.

If I display users from Jan 1st to today, I have 2,022,430 users on my app for February for a 0,55% ratio.

However, if I only display users from Feb 1st to Feb 28th, I have 2,514,550 users on my app for a 0,88% ratio. 

Do you have any idea of where this discrepancy is coming from? 

Many, many thanks in advance,

Regards

Sans titre.pngSans titre2.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I suspect this may be the impact of sampling. If you look at the text under the date selector you'll see that your data, in this case, is extremely sampled. Experiment with smaller date ranges to reduce the sampling effect. However, if you are selecting users you may exclude the sessions which included the behaviour that your segment is based on. 

More on sampling here: http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2013/06/24/solutions-google-analytics-sampling-problems-8-ways-data/...

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much John, 

I'm having a look at your link ! However I'm sorry but I do not understand your sentence : "However, if you are selecting users you may exclude the sessions which included the behaviour that your segment is based on. "

Many thanks in advance