AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Different view in Google Analytics property for multilingual website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am setting up a new multilingual website and I need to create different views in Google Analytics for the languages that are present on the website. Just to make all of you understand I am elaborating my concern:

Website (Example): http://www.bollywoodlife.com/

This website provides news in English and Hindi. The hindi website can be acccessible from http://www.bollywoodlife.com/hi/

I created a new view in Google Analytics and named it as "XYZ Hindi" and added a filter to include subdirectories that contains "/hi/"

When I follow the same steps for another view of English "XYZ English" and add a filter excluding the subdirectory that contains "/hi/" then the Real time data that I can see in Anlytics consists of all the articles from Hindi and English both.

Have I skipped something or have I made a mistake in adding the filters? Would be great if you can help me out on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Vivaan M,

When you create a new filter, it takes some time to start working. Do you still see both in real-time?

I hope this helps.
Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Güney K,

Yes I can still see both in real-time.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

While creating the filter, always use Verify filter to see how it will affect the data.

So that settings can be confirmed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @A T,

While verifying the filter it shows an error that "The service is currently unavailable". This has been happening from 2 days.