Analytics
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Device Category: Mobile view filter not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've 2 views in my GA property with one view containing all my Web Site data and the new view I'm creating needs to only include hits from Mobile. I've tried to achieve this using the following but I can't see any real-time traffic in my view. Mobile traffic is showing properly in real time in my all web site data view. Not sure where I'm going wrong. Can anyone help?

capture.PNG

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Vishrut S :-)
I'd give it a little time to "bake".
Real time reporting can sometimes take up to a couple of hours to catch up and reflect changes in data.
Mobile hits are not always sent at the time they occur.. phones often collect a number of hits and send them thru in batches in order to conserve battery life.

So, id set it all up and check it all in about 6hrs to see if the standard reports are showing any of the test data (you may have to wait up to 48hrs) 
Also be sure when you check the standard reports to change the date range at the upper right to include the current days date in the date range being looked at.. it usually defaults to previous day so if you have hits showing up for the current day.. need to change the date range to reflect that

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Bronwyn V. I've waited for almost 48hrs now but to no avail. Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Couple of other things to check.. 

Have you checked the unfiltered View for the same date range that you checked the filtered View, to see if there has been mobile traffic reported? eg from the day after the filter was applied, up to and including the current day.

Do you have any other filters applied to that View?

I know this may seem trivial however can you also please go into the setting page for that View and save the View.
(no idea why however i have seen some instances over the years where a View will not start showing reported data until the Save button on the applicable View Setting page has been clicked

and pls humor me for a moment
If you go to the Property Settings page, can you check that the Tracking ID under Basic Settings
Is the same Tracking ID as the tracking code on the website.

eta I just tested this by setting it up as a filter on my own account for my own site 
then browsed with my mobile phone and it worked without issues. I was able to see the data in real time

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I checked all the above points.

Unfiltered view is showing correct mobile data.

In this view, there is only 1 filter.

Tried Saving the view settings once again.

In Property Settings, Tracking ID is same and I'm receiving data in unfiltered view for same property.

I noticed that while creating this filtered view, I enabled User-ID Reports. Will that be causing such an issue?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

In a User-ID enabled view you will only see data which has a User-ID assigned.

"A User ID view is a special reporting view that only displays data from sessions in which you send unique ID and related data to Analytics. To analyze all of your data, use a different view."

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123669?hl=en

Please try to apply the filter to a non User-ID view and let us know if it works there.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear @Arnold M,

Works great on a non-user ID view.

I should have caught this earlier. Thanks much!