Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Dashboard Widget for Homepage Pageviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm finding it impossible to create what should be the most basic dashboard widget to create: Homepage Pageviews. 

I enter in Widget Settings:

• Graph the following metric over time > "Pageviews"
  • Filter: Only show > "Page"
  • Exactly Matching > https://www.mysite.com

This gives no results & these variations didn't work either:

If anyone can get this simple widget to work, please let me know the secret!! Thanks!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steven B R
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
How is the home page displayed in the Behaviour > Site Content > All pages report?
Unless there is a filter applied to the View, then only the page's Request URI's are reported (the part of the page url after the domain name).
Homepage is often represented in the reports as a / or a specific Request URI such as /index.html (for example)

If yours is represented in reports as a / then try the following:
Only Show - Page - Matches Regex - ^/$

If it something such as /index.html then try Only Show - Page - Exactly Matching - /index.html

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steven B R
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
How is the home page displayed in the Behaviour > Site Content > All pages report?
Unless there is a filter applied to the View, then only the page's Request URI's are reported (the part of the page url after the domain name).
Homepage is often represented in the reports as a / or a specific Request URI such as /index.html (for example)

If yours is represented in reports as a / then try the following:
Only Show - Page - Matches Regex - ^/$

If it something such as /index.html then try Only Show - Page - Exactly Matching - /index.html

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Bronwyn!

Yes, my index is just " / " , so your suggestion of Regular Expression "^/$" worked like a charm!

I'm surprised I couldn't find this answer anywhere on the net. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey sorry for butting in but I am looking for a Google Widget to place on my webpage showing our review percentage out of 5. Help as I have found nothing wheras with tripadvisor they supply the widget ? Hope there is something for me to use. Thanks Bronwyn.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim D

what sort of reviews are you talking about? Google merchant reviews, google my business reviews.. some other sort of google reviews?

This is the analytics solutions community for help with google analytics, so I'm a bit of a loss as to where you may start looking for that or if they are even something available.

Re: Dashboard Widget for Homepage Pageviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, grabbing at straws here. Not sure how to break in to Google and get
a widget that displays a review score for my establishment. If you could
direct me to the proper area I would appreciate it. Explaining; I own a Bed
& Breakfast and I get really good Google ratings for my business. I just
want to paste something on my business web page displaying my score...which
is a 4.9 out of 5

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim D :-)

Best place to ask would likely be on the Google My Business community, which you can find here:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB

If there are widgets available for that, then they should be able to point you in the right direction to getting one :-))

Thanks

Bronwyn