Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Custom segments by post tags

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I have a question about custom segment by post tags. So I've created custom segment like this. 

Screenshot_3.jpg

However, when I select this segment at Behaviour -> All pages, I get my homepage on the list and also posts that don't have the tag. 

Any idea why that's happening? I only want to see posts that have this tag and not everything else. 

Or is there a better way to do it? 

Please help .... 

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, 
Yee 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yee Wei Y
February

Re: Custom segments by post tags

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Segments are session based, so when the condition is applied, it will include posts with that tag. but also any other pages that were also included in the same sessions.

Are you able to maybe use an inline table filter in the Behaviour -> All pages report instead

tablefilter.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yee Wei Y
February

Re: Custom segments by post tags

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Segments are session based, so when the condition is applied, it will include posts with that tag. but also any other pages that were also included in the same sessions.

Are you able to maybe use an inline table filter in the Behaviour -> All pages report instead

tablefilter.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here