Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Cross Domain Filtering

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning everyone. I have set up cross domain tracking. With one of my views I have a filter to exclude domainb.com. But my question is with this filter on should I still see users on the sites with the real time reporting? Currently I am seeing in real time users on site b. Filter was applied over 24 hours ago. Will I still see the real time but it won't make it to the data or did I mess up my filter?

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 10.45.30 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Cross Domain Filtering

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

Create a filter of type "custom" then filter on the hostname field.  If you can, it's better to use an include for the data you'd like to receive.

Set this in a testing view, make sure the data is what you expect; then you can use the filter settings from the Admin account tree to add it to your analysis view(s).

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Cross Domain Filtering

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo, thanks for the response. So with using that would I still see the users on domainb in real time?

Cross Domain Filtering

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

It takes a few hours for filters to propagate, eventually, real-time will respect the filter.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

Cross Domain Filtering

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok awesome. I know it takes time I just wasn't sure about real time reporting. Thank you Theo

Cross Domain Filtering

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

No worries  Smiley Happy

-Theo

Connect on LinkedIn