Analytics
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Creating filters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to create a filter in my analytics account to filter out my own IP traffic, as well as the clients. However, When I go to create the filter, I don't see the 'Add filter' button and just a message 'there is no data for this view"

I have the 'Manage Users, Edit, Read and Analyze' level permission for this account so not sure what the problem is. Can someone please guide me as to what might be going on?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating filters

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
HI lla,

I suspect that you don't actually have the permissions that you think you do. You'll need edit on the view to apply a filter and edit on the account to create one.

A simple way to check is to go to the view settings and see if you can change anything. I suspect that the data here will be "grayed out" and you wont be able to make any changes.

Whomever gave you access may have rescinded some permissions after the fact.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo,

Thanks for your advice.
I did go and check the View Settings. It is not greyed out and I am able to
make changes. See screenshot attached.
I am also sharing another screenshot of my permissions.

Ila A

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Ila,

No screenshots Smiley Sad

-Theo
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, I noticed the screenshots didn't go through. I am not sure how to
upload them.

*Ila Awasthi**WSI Digital Marketing Consultant*
tel:484-553-4013
ila.awasthi@wsipromarketers.com
visit us online at www.wsipromarketers.com

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Ila,

If the system let's you (some users cannot), then you can do it in the full reply editor, if not use a screenshot tool like lightshot (or similar) where you can store online and provide a link here.

Best,

Theo Bennett.
Connect on LinkedIn