Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Converters Segment

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is the Converters segment applied retroactively to metrics?

For example, if I go into Content Drilldown, select /blog/ for my site, and apply the Converters segment, it gives me the metrics for that segment, such as page view. Do those page views include users that viewed a page and then converted, or users that converted and then viewed the page, or both?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack V
April

Converters Segment

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I assume you mean the default convertors segment? This has the rule conversions and/or transactions >0. The answer to your question is both. This means that all the session has to do, to be included in this segment, is have a transaction or goal. Any page views, regardless of whether they occurred before or after the transaction or goal will be included.

All events, pageviews of the sessions which meet the segments rule(s) are included - this can sometimes lead to confusion when people create a segment for a particular page view and see other pages reported.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Converters Segment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome! Thanks for your help!