AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Continually getting "Resource is not available. Please try again later." when trying to add Filters

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

This question, originally asked by "djhitman" was copied from the old Google Analytics product forum.

I'm able to add filters to some of my profiles, but not others. The error I receive when I'm unable to add a filter is:

"Resource is not available. Please try again later."

I thought at first that I'd hit some sort of unpublished limit to the number of filters you can have on one profile, so I added another profile and began adding filters. The first two worked fine, but the third one gave me that error again. The type of filter doesn't seem to have any effect on whether it works or not.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any sort of workaround?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Continually getting "Resource is not available. Please try again later." when trying to add Filters

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

This answer was provided "bynwhitesel" and copied from the old Google Analytics product forum.

I found a workaround.  Create the filter at the account level without applying it to any profile.  Once created, navigate to the desired profile and create a filter.  Under choose method, select apply existing filter, then choose the filter you just created at the account level.