Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Content groupings aren't tracking correctly?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We set up content groupings on our site several months ago so we could see how each of the 4 segments of the company were performing individually and all together, and it seemed to work great...except now we're noticing that the individual groups we have, are more than the whole... so, something isn't working correctly.

We set the tagging up for each of the pages within the site and have each user session pushing the data from each segment (grouping) into analytics.

Any idea what might be causing the group numbers to be inflated?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Content groupings aren't tracking correctly?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Brian,

This really depends on how you set them up (either by definition or tracking code and how it was confugured); I'm going to assume that you did by definition.  If you created one group and then defined all of your pages within the group (the 4 segments and perhaps an other to catch the rest); I would expect to see the numbers the same.  If you created 4 individual groups, then you will get the pageviews for that group and a not set for the pages that didn't match the rule.

Hope that helps...

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn