AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Clickfunnel and subdomains how to filter them correctly in different views?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello

I am implementing clickfunnel and my website. Both have the same analytics script installed.

So i would like to track both in Analytics and have a view called "Only clickfunnel" and a view called "without clickfunnel"

I tried to implement the filters in each view but doesn't works. The clickfunnel hostname is www.mywebsite.clickfunnel.com

So i simply create a filter which exclude mywebsite.clickfunnel.com for the view "without clickfunnel" and a filter which include only mywebsite.clickfunnel.com for the other view.

But nothing happened Smiley Sad

In the view "withoutclifunnel" i still see the clickfunnel data

Meanwhile in the other view i do not see any data.

What is wrong?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Filters are not retroactive, they wont filter out historical data already reported within a View.

New Views usually take 24-48hrs to start showing data, and do not populate with historical data from other Views.
Usually rather than an exclude hostname filter, the general accepted practice is to add an include hostname filter for your domain name....to only display reported data for your domain

Same would apply to the View for clickfunnel data..an include hostname filter to include hostname that end in clickfunnel.com would be applied

Real time reporting can take a couple of hours to sync with changes, so I would leave it for an hour or so.. then step through and complete a test to see if you are able to see your activity in the real time reporting.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Niccolò,

I'm getting a sense that something might be wrong with the filter configurations. What exact conditions did you give in each filter configuration?

For Clickfunnel traffic: Exclude >> Traffic to the hostname >> Equal to / begin with / end with / contain >> mywebsite.clickfunnel.com ?

For non-Clickfunnel traffic: Include only >> Traffic to the hostname >> Equal to / begin with / end with / contain >> mywebsite.clickfunnel.com ?

Please clarify.

Karthik.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Bronwyn

Yes i agree but i was checking inside the real time audience and i was seeing traffic into the Nonfunnel view (showing traffic from the funnel) Smiley Sad

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello

I actually tried first with "begin with" and then with "contain" but also with "equal to" and nothing happened! Smiley Sad

In the "nofunnel view" i still see the funnel and in the "only funnel view" i see nothing. (talking about realtime audience)

Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Now i tried by writing only "contain" the world "clickfunnel" and in this way seams to work Smiley Happy "seams"...let's see

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Niccolò,

Good to know. Your Clickfunnel hostname seems to include a "www.", so I think the match type matters. Let us know how it goes.

KK