Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Can I filter traffic starting with event?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I need to track page views that starts from an event. Take for example: wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomosci/1,114871,20204250,anakonda-16-spadochron-polaka-zawiodl-zolnierz-zbl.... Under an article, there is some kind of polling (quizzes), and an input button (with value="Następne"), that takes user to a different place (but with the same GA tracking). I want to measure how much pageviews user is making after clicking "Następne" and initiating an event.

I will be very gratefull for your help! Thanks in advance!

Januszo

EDIT: I found under segments this -> advanced, conditions, Filter, Sessions, Include, Event label, contains, "następne"

Do you think it will do the job?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I filter traffic starting with event?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your problem is that you can't differentiate between pages viewed before the event or pages viewed after it. They are all included in the segment.

You'd have to do something to make the 'after' pageviews stand out, like during the event, set a hit-level custom dimension value. Then you could simply report pageviews with that value.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Can I filter traffic starting with event?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi! Thank you very much! Unfortunately I can't check your solution now, but i will come back to this thread when they give me permission to fiddle with custom dimension values Smiley Happy