Analytics
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Can I filter the pages by their content?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I wonder if there is any way to filter pages based on their content. For example according to the value of an HTML tag, or some other option. Is possible?

Thanks in advance!

Francesc

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Francesc,

Unfortunately, it is not possible by default but you can use Custom Dimensions in order to achieve that.

Regards,

Güney

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Francesc P
May 2017

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Yes, like @Gny says you could use custom dimensions. If you're using Google Tag Manager then you could capture the particular HTML value and then add it as a custom dimension to a tag. Here's an example from Lunametrics: http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2014/11/24/schema-metadata-google-tag-manager/

Or you can ask your friendly neighbourhood developers to add the particular values you are interested in to the datalayer and then add them to the GA hit via GTM.

Another alternative would be to import the extra data into GA using, for example, the page URL as the key though that would probably be more labour intensive.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both!