Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Can Anybody provide help with the Issue of Sub-Domain Tracking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Last week, I've separated two different profile for domain and sub-domain in GA. Subdomain is a french version of the site like http://fr.digitaldreamteam.ca/ I've also added a filter on sub-domain profile to include only sub-domain (french sites') traffic. See the attached screenshot of that filter. I've received approx 800 sessions in last week, but when I see the content report, all landing pages are not appearing from french version, it shows all english version of LPs. So I presume sub-domain still not tracking properly?

Anybody about with the quick answers? 

Capture.JPG 

Re: Can Anybody provide help with the Issue of Sub-Domain Tracking?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

This is because if the user lands on a english version page then he redirects or switches to the french version of the page then his landing page will be the english version since he started from there

You can add hostname as a secondary dimension in the landing page report and see whats happening there
Also change filter from begin with to equals to

hope this helps

Noman karim

Re: Can Anybody provide help with the Issue of Sub-Domain Tracking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Noman.

I've selected secondary dimension as a Host name but sub-domain didn't show up, main domain url coming up for all LPs. I might change filter to 'equals to' also I added backslash to sub domain before periods like fr\.digitaldreamteam\.ca let's see how it would impact to the next data on french site.

Thanks much!