Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Audience Overview Default when Switching Between Properties

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we use GA for a lot of reports and data. A user came to me today saying that something has changed in the way the GA view changes when switching between properties. The user stated that previously they could, for example be in Acquisition>Channels and have a particular date range set. Once they had the data for that property, they would choose another property from the top left drop down (we operate a few different websites) and they would still be in the Acquisitions>Channels with the same date range set. 

Now, when another property is chosen, GA defaults to Audience>Overview. It does keep the date range the same. Any help would be appreciated. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, I have noticed that too - and it's kind of annoying.

My solution for now, is to bookmark the views/reports combinations I go to most often.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im just talking to Google Suport team on this issue, this is a massive step backwards. Hopefully they will come back with a fix 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google engineers team already know about the issue, no ETA on fix but there working on it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply! Hopefully it will be resolved soon.