Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Apply segment to roll up view adding 2 extra transactions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am experiencing an issue whereby applying a segment to exclude :

Service Provider: matches regex "amazon|taylor meek|cloud servers|voxel dot net inc|observepoint|mediaone of utah"

Adds 2 transactions to my Affiliate Channel report. However, when I add a secondary dimension (transactions ID) it restores the correct total transactions to 42.

How are the additional 2 transactions appearing in my report? Surely sampling should see a reduction in transactions if anything? How does applying a segment increase number of transactions when the default all users has a lower value??

Expected total transactions: 42

With segment applied: 44 (incorrect)

Current filters are typical lowercase and IP addresses. When I apply the segment the report is based on 94.83% of sessions. Obviously when i removed the segment there is no sampling. This is a roll up property with data from many countries. The date range i am using is for one particular month.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A

1 Expert replyverified_user

Apply segment to roll up view adding 2 extra transactions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Adam,

Definitely sampling. The introduction of the secondary dimension pulls in actual transaction id's and since there are only 42, the data is corrected.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn