Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics View for Particular Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to give our partner companies access to view analytics for their individually assigned pages. I assume that the best way to do this is to create a custom view, create a filter so that only their page appears, and then invite them to "Read and Analyze" that view.

For some reason, whenever I try this, the view displays no data. No sessions at all, even though I can see plenty of activity when I view "All Website Data" and look at that particular page. This is true even when I remove the filter, and confirm that the "Website's URL" under View Settings is the same. What am I missing?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Finn T
July 2016

Re: Analytics View for Particular Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Finn :-)
New or copied Views are not retroactive. They do not populate with historic data, they will only collect data going forward from the time they are created.
Usually a new View will start to display report data within 48hrs.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Finn T
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Finn :-)
New or copied Views are not retroactive. They do not populate with historic data, they will only collect data going forward from the time they are created.
Usually a new View will start to display report data within 48hrs.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answer! I'm rather bummed that's the case, though. I'd really like to show our partner companies all of their historic data. Maybe I'll see if I can at least export the historic data and send it to them in emails.