Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Alternative for utm_nooverride

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have to track the number of users from a referral campaign who have completed a transaction using Analytics. I have an event raised when the transaction is complete. But after the site is opened with a tagged referral campaign URL, the user may choose to authenticate using Social media sites. When the user authenticates with social media sites, the referral information is over-written with un-tagged information from the social media sites. I don't want the social media to be the referral for that transaction. Instead, i want the actual (first tagged) campaign to be the referral of the transaction. 

I read that "utm_nooverride" query parameter can solve the issue i face. But it doesn't work anymore. 

"Facebook.com" domain is the domain for both authentication and un-tagged referral from Facebook. So, i cannot use referral exclusion list to solve this issue.

Can you advise any alternative for "utm_nooverride" or any other approach that will solve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Bala

Alternative for utm_nooverride

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you use classic version of Analytics code you can configure referral exlusion with _addIgnoredRef option:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/methods/gaJSApiSearchEngines#_addi...
If you use Universal Analytics you can configure referral exlusion directly in Analytics admin. Go to ADMIN tab and under PROPERTY open Tracking Info > Referral Exclusion List:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2795830?hl=en

Re: Alternative for utm_nooverride

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Tomasz,

I am using Universal analytics and as said earlier i cannot include it in
the referral list also.
Please advise any other alternative solution.

--
regards
Bala Vignesh