Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Advanced Reporting for Views

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just learned that when we set up a View (to view metrics related to only ONE subfolder), the Subfolder’s organic traffic count is overblown because Google Analytics is reporting visits from GoogleSearch ---> Root ---> Subfolder as an organic visit to the Subfolder. We are interested in only reporting as ‘organic visits’ those visits from GoogleSearch that land directly in the Subfolder.

Question: can we setup an advanced report within the View that will accomplish this?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike C
December 2015

Re: Advanced Reporting for Views

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Yes, but you have to use a segment. Set one up for Landing Page 'does not exactly match' '(not set)'. That should get rid of all the traffic that landed outside your subfolder and navigated into it.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Mike S,

Landing Pages under Acquisition/Site Content? If so, I believe this is what you're suggesting:

http://screencast.com/t/0wee62LhTUx

Another thought: would we accomplish this goal by setting up a new Property for the subfolder?

Thanks,

Mike

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Confirmed - that is what I was suggesting.

I do not recommend creating a new Property for the subfolder unless the navigation from above is an unlikely thing, and the subfolder is an entire site in and of itself. All traffic from elsewhere on the site will appear as referrals from the main site, and you will lose the original sources.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.