AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Advanced Filter: Include Hostname in URI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I created a view with only one filter. An advanced filtert thats supposed to show the full Page URL in my report. the filter is created as described in Analytics help: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012243?hl=en

In my report the the page is only shown as the hostname. So instead of www.example.com/here/comes/my/uri it only shows www.example.com

In other views were there is not filter applied the page is shown correct as /here/comes/my/uri

Thank you very much in advance for any valuable input!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advanced Filter: Include Hostname in URI

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
- Sounds like there is maybe an error with the filter setup (are you able to possibly provide a screen shot?)
or
- A View will only track data going forward from the date it is created, is it possible for the date range that is being checked and the data
that has been collected in that View with the filter, that only visits to the site's homepage occured?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thank you for your fast reply.

Some further explanations to my setup that might be helpful. I have several views (one view without anyfilter, some views with filters but without the including hostname filter, some views with additional filters to the including hostname filter)

In every view without the including hostname filter, the data is shown correctly. In every view applying the including hostname filter the data is shown as mentioned above. All views and filters were created about a year ago and I was checking on the data of the current month (or even days).

You can view a screenshot from my filter below:

18.08.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ronald :-)
sorry to be a pain, can you try again with the screenshot, its not appearing in your post.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn,

I am sorry, I had issues adding the screenshot.It is now attached above.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks Ronald, appreciate you doing that for me :-)

The last field of the filter has an error, it should be $A1$B1

(the screenshot shows it has having $A1$B2 instead)

Thanks
Bronwyn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ohh.. after reviewing it so many times.
Thank you very much for your support.

Ronald

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You're welcome :-)
Sometimes a fresh set of eyes does help :-))

Cheers
Bronwyn