Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Adding other countries to NUmber reportings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just added Google Analytics on Monday.  I am trying to find out how I can see if there are other countries besides the US viewing my site. My website provider only provides me with the top 5 cites and then has all of the other cities in a category called other but not knowing what those cities are they recommended me to get Google Analytics. I really want to learn how to use this.  Thank You in Advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrence A
August 2016

Re: Adding other countries to NUmber reportings

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hey Lawrence,

If your host is using a different methodology and they usually are then you wont see much consistency. Often that is based on other software or on parsing server logs which does not correlate to real visitors of your site.

Just keep collecting data in Google Analytics and keep checking your reports. You may also want to read up on the spam section of this forum so you can create more views and insulate your reports from referral spam.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Lawrence,

You can find this easily.

Go to Audience>>Geo>>Location or jsut type location into the search reports prompt towards the top of the left rail.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Theo

Thank you for your response. I tried your solution but I did not see any numbers outside of the United States. Im not sure what I might be doing wrong

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Lawrence,

The geo data is not perfect but is fairly accurate with a decent amount of precision. What I mean by that is you may not be getting visits yet from other countries.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh. Well the reasoning for me bringin this back up is because according to my web host provider I am because they appear in my top 5 locations from their data but I was having a hard time not knowing what other places were viewing my website outside of a lot of days seeing countries and not US Cites
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrence A
August 2016

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hey Lawrence,

If your host is using a different methodology and they usually are then you wont see much consistency. Often that is based on other software or on parsing server logs which does not correlate to real visitors of your site.

Just keep collecting data in Google Analytics and keep checking your reports. You may also want to read up on the spam section of this forum so you can create more views and insulate your reports from referral spam.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn