Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Adding new filter - resource not available

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

does anybody have problems with adding filters? On last couple of days, i always get this message - resource not available, try again later. 

Was looking at other solutions like trying in different broswers and waiting, but nothing helps. Did I miss any other solution?

Thank you in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding new filter - resource not available

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Stjepan F :-)
Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Have you logged out of your google account and cleared all browser cookies and cache?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Bronwyn V,

yes I did that also. Unfortunately problem is still here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
When is the error msg occurring? When you try to access the page with the table of filters or after you click the +Add Filter button
If you are trying to add it via the View > Filters option, try instead to create and assign it via the Account > All Filters option instead.

I sometimes get errors and find if i refresh the page the error goes away and im able to then proceed
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
On both occasions. Created even couple of new views but everytime error occurs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still same error. I don't know what to do.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Stjepan :-)
I do understand your concern and frustration.
You mentioned you have tried different browsers, are you able to pls possibly let me know what browsers and their version numbers.
Are the browser versions up to date?
Pls confirm you have logged out of your google account and cleared all the cookies and cache for each browser before retrying?

I'll see if i can get some further help for you

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Just to add to, in your Google Analytics Account, on the Account Settings page can you please make sure
the option to allow Technical Support access to your account is checked

Thanks
Bronwyn

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
One work around in the meantime if you are able to try it, is if you have another google account, if you are able to also add that login as a user to the analytics account with the same permissions etc as your current account. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR CURRENT GOOGLE ACCOUNT ACCESS FROM ANALYTICS!
However, if you can add a different user with a different google account login and then see if the issue persists using a different google account to access analytics

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi Stepan, confirm that you have edit access at the account, property AND view levels. Sometimes people get edit access at the account level, letting them see the add filter button, but trying to apply the filter to the view causes problems because they were more restricted at the view or property level.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.