Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Add Metric Filter Without Adding a Segment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a shared Google Analytics dashboard where I’d like to duplicate a widget and add an additional filter. The filter I’d like to add is “Only show Mobile (Including Tablet) Exactly matching Yes” but I notice the Mobile (Including Tablet) metric is depreciated. I attempted to add the built-in segment “Mobile and Tablet Traffic” but that ended up affecting all of my widgets. I only want that metric in a single dashboard widget.

How do I add a functionally equivalent mobile filter without adding a new segment to my dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt R
August 2016

Re: Add Metric Filter Without Adding a Segment

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt,

You're right. IS_MOBILE and IS_TABLET are deprecated. If you want to segment by mobile or tablet within a custom segment all you need to do is, under “Conditions”, select “Device Category”, then select “Regular expression” and enter “Mobile” or “Tablet”.

I guess here's the solution that you're looking for your dashboard:

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 00.42.06.png

Value: mobile|tablet

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Taavi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt R
August 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt,

You're right. IS_MOBILE and IS_TABLET are deprecated. If you want to segment by mobile or tablet within a custom segment all you need to do is, under “Conditions”, select “Device Category”, then select “Regular expression” and enter “Mobile” or “Tablet”.

I guess here's the solution that you're looking for your dashboard:

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 00.42.06.png

Value: mobile|tablet

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That worked perfectly! Thank you!