Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Accidently set a filter which took out all my traffic in a view. Is there a way to fix this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I accidently setup a filter incorrectly and it wiped out the traffic in my view for the last two days.  I can see the traffic in other views, but I have an api pull that is dependent on this.  Does anyone know if there Is any way to fix this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accidently set a filter which took out all my traffic in a view. Is there a way to fix this?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to restore missing data in a view because filters permanently alter data. It's a best practice to always have an unfiltered view and to apply a filter to a test view first to see if it works as expected.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 days ago, Under admin. set up, I checked the box that says "filter out known Bots"

immediately my traffic went to zero

Typically I was getting 500+ hits/ month even with extensive filtering for Russians etc. on my own

I removed the check mark for "filter out known Bots" but my traffic remains at zero.

Can you help me with this issue.

Can you advise how to correct this?

Garry B