AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

A big referral from the domain with special characters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

The site has a domain with special characters (IDN domain). With the GA tracking you can see a view with xn-xxxxxxx.it in the right up corner.

Most of visits are coming from a referral: it is the same domain with special character (es. www.nomeofdomain$.it)

I'm losing most of the data. I don't know, for ex., if visits are coming from a search engine.

How could I avoid to loose these data?

Thanks to all

Re: A big referral from the domain with special characters

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Roberto,
I think you are getting referral from the site having $.it in Your GA and you wnat to remove that. If that is the case I assume that is spam referrals.

You can block spam referrals @ https://www.optimizesmart.com/geek-guide-removing-referrer-spam-google-analytics/

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Re: A big referral from the domain with special characters

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Santosh and thanks for your reply.

In my case the domain with $.it is not a bad referral. It is the same site that I'm monitoring, but it has a different domain. For visits coming from there, In this way I'm losing data as traffic sources.

Thanks