Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

widget tracking cross domain react.js

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Howdy Analytics knights and knightresses,

First of all: thank you for reading this post written by a google analytics n00b. Aaand many thanks for your help. I'll dive right in and will try to explain the problem as good as I can.

So we are developing a widget that other people can include into their websites. This thing runs on react. We configured events inside this widget and they work fine in general. They are sent back to the Google Analytics Property and I can read them. But the nice thing was that until recently, the events would also show up in the events of the peoples' analytics who had implemented the widget, therefore allowing for very good analysis.

Sad thing now: They do not show up since 2 weeks ago. I checked with the debugging tool, and they are fired towards "our" google analytics property? Did I just have a lucky bug or did something change within google analytics?

So practically: Site A has Analytics, our Widget (W) has Analytics. The events of site A show up in the widget analytics, but they would also show up in A's Analytics without any chances. What's happening?

Thanks for your support, stay frosty

Konsti

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: widget tracking cross domain react.js

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Konsti,

could you by any chance send the actual page this can be reproduced? I have some suspicions but would need an example first.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net