AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

verify property for site on private network

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a test site that is on a private network that we are trying to add the property for.  There is no internet access to the site, so the normal verification process doesn't work.  Looking at the alternative methods, they either require internet access or the UA code, which I can't see because the property is not verified.  Can you provide me with a way to verify a site that is not accessible from the internet?

We are trying to segregate traffic from our test server (that we use to check out changes in our GA code) from the production data.  There is a FQDN for the test machine.

1 Expert replyverified_user

verify property for site on private network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

If trying to seperate out the traffic from test and production,  
if you create two Views, one for test server and one for production, 

then for the test View, create and apply a hostname filter to only include

data for the fqdn being used for the test server
and for the production View.. apply a hostname filter to only include

data for the applicable domain name used for the production site

I'm a little confused by what you are meaning in relation to verifying the site?
Are you referring to verifying site ownership for the test server in Google Search Console?

Site ownership doesnt need to be verified in order to create a google analytics property and add the tracking code to it.

If I am not understanding something in relation to your question/post, sorry.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here