AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

user permissions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to add filters but it is greyed and not active in user permissions. How do I change this please?

user permissions

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tony,

You need to have Edit permission at the account level to create and manage view filters. That's why they are grayed out.

Here you can read more about that: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034823?hl=en

Here you can find a step-by-step guide how your colleague or manager (who has a User Management permission) can give you this permission that you need: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2884495

Hope this helps. Let us know how if you have any further questions.

Taavi

user permissions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Taavi, I have studied the links you provided. Problem seems to be I can't find the admin tab under "My Account"

Re: user permissions

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Here you go:

Admin1.png

and then:

user management.png

@Tony G Please fill out this form. Google official support will take a look at your account and will help you out. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Taavi

Re: user permissions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well thanks again Taavi and sorry to be a pain -
i’m obviously missing something simple.

When I click on my account the page I get looks nothing like the page in your demo. Screen snap enclosed

And what do you mean I cannot edit the account? I set the account up myself about ten years ago. There are no colleagues or managers.

I have previously edited filters to block spamming in my account.

Thanks if you can help