AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

tracking code analytics found twice in Google assistant. Same web property ID is tracked twice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello,

the google analytics tracking code was found twice on my site. Problem is that i don't know 

where the second code is implemented on my site. I run a  Wordpress site.

Yesterday however the google assistant showed Green meaning it had accepted one of the two codes probably.

I run MonsterInsights Google Analytics plug in. And the code is authenticated

However my Google analytics account seems to work fine,

has anyone an idea how and where i could find out where this second part of code could be found on my site.

www.tercoma.com

what i already did so far:

- I run Cloudflare on the site and i put of Rocket Loader of Cloadflare.

- Deactivated all plug ins.

tracking code analytics found twice in Google assistant. Same web property ID is tracked twice.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lieven,

I checked your website you have 2 Google Analytics tracking snippets (1 Classic GA and 1 Universal GA) that are using the same Google Analytics property id.

Classic GA is being loaded with MonsterInsights plug-in but it is set up as it does not start tracking(blocked) until the user has consented to statistic cookies and I couldn't see this feature on your website. So, it is blocked and it is not sending tracking hits.

Universal Analytics tracking snippet is located just before closing body tag and it is sending hits.

This is why your Google Analytics account looks fine but still it is better to have have only one GA tracking snippet. Can you please take a look at your template's footer file for the second GA snippet?

I hope this helps.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guney

Thanks so  much.

1) I looked at the footer.php  file of my theme and also of my Child Theme's footer.php file,

but couldn't find anything of the second Universal  code snippet of Analytics.

Where are other places it could be found?

2) 

You say:

"MonsterInsights plug-in but it is set up as it does not start tracking(blocked) until the user has consented to statistic cookies and I couldn't see this feature on your website."

How can set it up that it Does start tracking even when the user has not yet consented to static cookies ???

Thx A Lot. 

for your help

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guney,

I found out that i DO use Universal google Analytics. my tracking code starts with UAXXXXXXXX-X 

So it shows me it could be an instance of a classic google analytics.??

I check the source code

I only see the UA (Universal analytics) , no Classic Google Analytics....?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

in My Footer.php file , i find no analytics code.

pRe: tracking code analytics found twice in Google assistant. Same web property ID is tracked twice.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lieven,

I checked your website again. I guess you try to make some changes but i see 4 GA tracking snippet now.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes i see, but don't know how to get rid of them......

i don't know where they could have been added in my Wordpress site..

How do you see if this is a Classic GA snippet??? I don't see a difference with the other snippets.

I'm so desperate , can anyone help.

Thx, Lieven

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lieven,

It is not Classic GA snippet, sorry for the confusion. It is GA snippet that is coming from your MonsterInsights plug-in. When I checked your website for the first time, the snippet was different and it was loading ga.js library, not analytics.js. This is why I said it is classic GA snippet. I will take a look at your website again and try to help you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

it looks like it is working now... :-) :-)

thx Guney,