Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

site search query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have used the following code in the site search  query parameter 1 is this the correct code and 2  if yes  how long should I expect this to take to work  ?

"=q"

thank you 

Laura 

www.spaliving.co.uk 

Re: site search query

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Use only "q" as a query parameter.

Check the image below:

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 20.19.09.png

You can also select to have Analytics strip this parameter from the URLs in your reports if you want.

Here you can read more about configuring Site Search: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012264?hl=en&ref_topic=1031951

If you set this up correctly, you'll probably see the first results in a few days. Keep in mind that the processing latency in Google Analytics is 24-48 hours.

Hope this helps.

Taavi

Re: site search query

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great thank you !

Laura J

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.