2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

removing ga-audiences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I recently started working on my girlfriends site and noticed the ga-audiences when doing speed tests. I have my own site with Google Analytics and I was not getting that. I looked up online and its because she linked her google analytics with adwords. When I head to analytics-admin-adwords linking I see the adwords but I also see that it isn't connected. Why am I getting the Ga-audiences on her page and not on mine. (I am only asking because GA-Audiences is giving her site extra load time and I would like to remove it.)

Thanks

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user

removing ga-audiences

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Make sure her tracking code snippet hasn't been edited to enable display advertising features
(if it has it will have the following line of code in it ga('require', 'displayfeatures'); )
and then also make sure its not enabled for the Property. Instructions here for how to enable.. doing the opposite will disable the features
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2444872?hl=en#web

hmm. not sure that is right either.. im finding info on how to edit remarking audiences.. but not how to delete/remove them
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611404?hl=en#edit

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

removing ga-audiences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah I can see the edit, but it's not even linked from what I can see. Yet when I run the site through tools.pingdom I can see that google is still calling the ga-audiences.

removing ga-audiences

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yeah I can see the edit, but it's not even linked from what I can see.

Which edit are you referring to? the ga('require', 'displayfeatures'); edit in the site tracking code, or something else?
You dont need to have adwords linked to use display features.. as having it enabled will also provide demographics and interest data in the GA reports.. 

You can do the following too. 
remove the following line of code if its present ga('require', 'displayfeatures');
and then to override the property settings to turn off Advertising Reporting Features, add
ga('set', 'displayFeaturesTask', null);

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

removing ga-audiences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi buddy, have u solve the problem?

I have the same question, I have take all the suggestions from Bronwyn, still have the problem.