Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

recording "Get Directions" button click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a feature on my site that allows a person to enter their address, then they click on "Get Directions" to get directions from their address to a certain meeting. There are several of these. How do I record the number of people using this feature? Is there any way to record which specific "Get Directions" button is being used? The site is carteretcountyaa.org.

Re: recording "Get Directions" button click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Distric,

I hope the mentioned below steps will helps to track the get Directions button :

Add This code on for each button  :

onclick= "ga('send','event','Meeting','Sunday Morning Meeting','11AM Open Speaker Pass It On Building 2003 Bay Street Morehead City')"

dirrectory.png

Post implementation you will get the result as you expected:

EvenTracking.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@District O

I Hope is this close ? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It worked for Sunday, but it doesn't seem to work for other days. Can you give an example for another meeting so I can see if I am doing it right please?

Re: recording "Get Directions" button click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Please replace yo :

Blue Color : Sunday to Other day meeting ( Example  : "Serenity Group")

Red Color :  11AM open... Replace this form other day timing ( Exmple : "7PM Open Discussion Presbyterian Church 100 Yaupon Drive, Cape Carteret")

hghgh.png

After replacing the text, please add this code to each respective button.

Re: recording

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not getting any feedback beyond sunday morning meeting; I know that i put in the same type of code substituting, of course, the actual information for another meeting. When I try to get the information, I look up events per session and I only have that one. I have asked others to click on the "Get Directions" button so I may see if it works. Can you take a look to see what I'm doing wrong please?