AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

recording "Get Directions" button click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a feature on my site that allows a person to enter their address, then they click on "Get Directions" to get directions from their address to a certain meeting. There are several of these. How do I record the number of people using this feature? Is there any way to record which specific "Get Directions" button is being used? The site is carteretcountyaa.org.

Re: recording "Get Directions" button click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Distric,

I hope the mentioned below steps will helps to track the get Directions button :

Add This code on for each button  :

onclick= "ga('send','event','Meeting','Sunday Morning Meeting','11AM Open Speaker Pass It On Building 2003 Bay Street Morehead City')"

dirrectory.png

Post implementation you will get the result as you expected:

EvenTracking.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@District O

I Hope is this close ? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It worked for Sunday, but it doesn't seem to work for other days. Can you give an example for another meeting so I can see if I am doing it right please?

Re: recording "Get Directions" button click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Please replace yo :

Blue Color : Sunday to Other day meeting ( Example  : "Serenity Group")

Red Color :  11AM open... Replace this form other day timing ( Exmple : "7PM Open Discussion Presbyterian Church 100 Yaupon Drive, Cape Carteret")

hghgh.png

After replacing the text, please add this code to each respective button.

Re: recording

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not getting any feedback beyond sunday morning meeting; I know that i put in the same type of code substituting, of course, the actual information for another meeting. When I try to get the information, I look up events per session and I only have that one. I have asked others to click on the "Get Directions" button so I may see if it works. Can you take a look to see what I'm doing wrong please?