AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

"non interaction" page load

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

hello!

i have an issue i hope you can help to solve: 

our devs have implemented privacy policy to refresh the page when the user scrolls down and accept the cookie policy. Sim as there's a second page load, the bounce rate dropped. 

Any help to fix the issue, and get the bounce rate to not be affected by this first scroll refresh of the page? 

I thouhg about something like non interaction events, but for page load. Is there something possible to fix this issue? 

Thanks

Eugenio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eugenio T
February 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm afraid there is no appropriate fix for that. Sending a hit with a page refresh is an expected GA behaviour so I don't think you'd like to change that.

As a workaround consider using some JS/dataLayer variable to track cookie policy acceptance at the specific page set by default to "non accepted" and sending GA pageview based on conditions with this variable value. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eugenio T
February 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm afraid there is no appropriate fix for that. Sending a hit with a page refresh is an expected GA behaviour so I don't think you'd like to change that.

As a workaround consider using some JS/dataLayer variable to track cookie policy acceptance at the specific page set by default to "non accepted" and sending GA pageview based on conditions with this variable value. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

thanks! very helpful indeed Smiley Happyç