AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

no GA data since last wednesday

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, so up until last Wednesday at around 11:30pm, my analytics account was monitoring my site without issue.

Some filters were added / modified and we lost data collection.

So an unfiltered view was created to see if that would provide data.

i still have nothing coming through on GA although the unfiltered view was added on Friday last week...

anyone have any advice?

cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

First, and I know this is 20/20 hindsight, but always test new filters in a testing view; make sure they work as you would like and then apply them to your analysis views.  

How did you create the unfiltered view?  If you copied your current view, you would then need to remove the filters you applied.

Short of that, we'd need to see the site.

Best,

Theo Bennett 

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The new unfiltered view was completely vanilla - nothing added.

Unsure if i had a problem with the hamsters inside our server as nothing was firing after around 20 mins, so i went for a tea.

Came back and did some other work - 45 mins later, i saw traffic - result

created new analysis view and copied filters that worked successfully on the TEST view.

since then i've monitored traffic on the new view - unsure what happened but i've locked down additional access till im happy