AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

multiple GA codes on weebly website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tx in advance for any assistance. I've got a weebly website where multiple tracking codes are apparent when using google tag assistance. http://www.videotodvdmelbourne.com.au/

I previously tried to install GA via google tag manager as well by pasting the script into the header and body of the themes header page. ANy advice how to track down and remove unnecessary tracking codes ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Shane L :-)

There are two different versions of tracking code towards the bottom of the site source code.
Universal analytics.js UA-52300136-1
ga.js UA-7870337-1

The above two instances should not impact on each other as they are both different versions of tracking for different tracking id's

Usually with weebly, tracking codes would be installed in the Header Code box under the Settings tab > SEO options
They do also have a place to put Footer code there too which ppl sometimes use for adding tracking instead.

I noticed Sumome is being used? Is there any GA tracking codes installed via Sumome?

I dont know what the following tracking id belongs to UA-16505296-2 (maybe its sumome or hotjars own tracking for its own products?)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply, Bronwyn. Looks like hotjar and Sumome are indeed tracking their products. If I install GA via tag manager, would I need to remove the analytics.gs and ga.gs scripts from the weebly site ? GTM also says to paste 2 scripts, one in the head and one in the body tag. is this the best practice ?