Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

mkt_tok (from Marketo) query parameter not being stripped out

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The mkt_tok query parameter (the Marketo token) is not being stripped out of my GA, despite the fact that I've added it to the view's setting under the "Exclude Query Parameters" section. Any idea why this wouldn't be working?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alison B
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
how long ago did you edit the setting to strip the parameter?
If the change has been within the past 24-48hrs, it usually takes 24-48hrs for changes in configuration to flow thru to the standard reports.
Also changing this wont affect historical data already collected within the reports, it will only change new data as it collected going forward.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alison B
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
how long ago did you edit the setting to strip the parameter?
If the change has been within the past 24-48hrs, it usually takes 24-48hrs for changes in configuration to flow thru to the standard reports.
Also changing this wont affect historical data already collected within the reports, it will only change new data as it collected going forward.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here