Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

if using 'sessionControl': 'start', what G.A. param should change (_utma, cid, a, etc)?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I send {'sessionControl': 'start'} in my 1st pageview and see the 'sc' param going up to Google.

I'm curious what G.A. param should theoretically changed? I'm looking at cid (client id number), and some other params but don't really see which one is associated with a 'GA Session' and is changing when i send 'sc' up.

Or is it not noticeable via the browser/client GET request and I kinda have to hope Google is tracking stuff correctly once 'sc' is sent up (so I cant confirm too well if its working).

Note: Using Universal Analytics.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author persianninja
October 2016

if using 'sessionControl': 'start', what G.A. param should change (_utma, cid, a, etc)?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It is not noticeable via the browser but it forces a new session to start with this hit.

You can verify this by sending two hits within short time with sc parameter and the same cid and you'll see two sessions instead of one.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author persianninja
October 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It is not noticeable via the browser but it forces a new session to start with this hit.

You can verify this by sending two hits within short time with sc parameter and the same cid and you'll see two sessions instead of one.