Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

how to get website click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to get all website click from analytics account . I get many thing using dimensions & metrics api but i did not getting any solution to get website click . please provide me a solution.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to get website click

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Harun,

I don't understand what you are trying to pull. What do you mean by website click? Click isn't really a dimension in GA. Do you mean entrances / landings?

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually i want to get total click to website using GA. But i find dimensions & metrics ga:adClicks,ga:internalPromotionClicks,gaSmiley TongueroductListClicks and DoubleClick Campaign Manager but i did not get any solution to get total click to my website . I think now you can understood what i want.
Thanks for giving your precious time.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Harun,

Well by default, GA only sends a hit on pageview. So if every click on your site results in a pageview you can use pageviews as an approximation for clicks. If you have other interactions like video, pdf's or other downloadables etc, then you will need to use event tracking to measure this and the output would be pageviews and events added together for an approximation of clicks.

In the API you can use ga:hits to also get an approximation of clicks but this also includes ecommerce hits (two per transaction) where a click does not really occur.

You could also create a calculated metric of Pageviews + Total Events to also give you something closer to what you want.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn