AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

how do you change mismatch tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having an awful time with Google, it is so complicated.
I have a tracking code on my site which works a treat.
My comp crashed and I lost the link to the page. Now I get the same web site  but with an old code.
Problem: it is the wrong one, I wish to insert the correct tracking code but am stymied from doing so

I see only results from  the page with the wrong code.
I have been to the properties page and seen the old tracking code but have no idea how I can insert the correct tracking code.
Could some kind person please guide me to the answer

Sherro

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do you change mismatch tracking code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Terry, Im a little confused by your post/question.
What page did you lose the link for when your computer crashed?
Do you have more than one google account or more than one email address associated with your google account?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
The Property column in your Admin section of your Google Analytics account contains currently valid tracking code.
Do you mean that the UA-XXXXXX-Y part is wrong or is it the wrong version Classic (ga.js) not Universal (analytics.js)?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Antti and Bronwyn for responding to my call for help.
I have two accounts, dog1 was the first analytic page, later I added sherro1 to the dog1 page and is the best analytics page and still in use for the past three or more years.
These two accounts were on the same Analytics page, all was going smoothly, until Google wasn’t happy with that, I forget the reason but we were not allowed to have two analytics on the same page
I then deleted dog1 which is useless, from the page

I had a link to Sherro1 for a long time with no mismatched tracking code warning and easily accessed from a link on my desktop

The comp crashed, when the comp was fixed I could not find the link to Sherro1. Instead the link I found was to Dog1 which is useless and wish I could delete it.

I can find the important Sherro1 analytics page via my account, personal and private. It is working as it should, so at least I can still read the info on it, but it tells me we have a mismatched tracking code, also I cannot create a link on my desktop to access the page.
How can I fix the tracking code issue, get rid of dog1 and create a link for Sherro1 to my desktop.
I would be most grateful if you can guide me to achieving this task

Sherro

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Can you post your URL so I can take look at the tracking code first?
Can you copy the actual error message here?

If you can provide those 2 things I think we will get this solved quickly.
--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your much needed assistance Antti N

http://www.osborneparkbc.com.au/

No valid tracking code found for property http://www.osborneparkbc.com.au's default URL http://www.osborneparkbc.com.au. Make sure your pages are tagged with a supported version of the tracking code.

Google Tag Assistant Recordings can help you ensure that your pages are properly tagged.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi,

your tracking code is working OK.

The error message means that Default page defined in your Admin settings is wrong. Nothing serious.
Just go to Admin -> View settings (if you have many, and you should have at least unfiltered and filtered, you need to change this individually)
Find the Default page text box and clear any text entered there. This is setting for that case that you have the same home page in 2 different URLs, for example : http://www.osborneparkbc.com.au/ and http://www.osborneparkbc.com.au/index.html

Save the settings and your problem should be fixed.

What comes to your desktop link... I'm not quite sure I understand how you have set it up. If you need help with it please tell me more: Is it an app or some kind of quick link...
--

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Gday Antti
I am just about had it with Google, all I want is to ditch the dogslink1 analytics and have Sherro 1 as my analytics page which is working properly except for the message that I have mismatched tracking code and I can’t put a link to my desktop screen like I could previously
I have at least a couple of hundred pages with Sherro1 tracking code which is the one I want .

I went to dogslink1 and wiped the default page box but that doesn’t work.
I notice in the account property of dogslink1 there is a trash can, should I trash dogslink1 account, if I do will it solve my problem or will it create more problems, being a google product I suspect it will, by deleting it there most likely will be more layers to the problem.
Nothing is straight forward for people using google, it is so convoluted and so many layers to work out to solve problems, that I wish I had nothing to do with them, but I admit they have some wonderful products and I need the analytics page.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
if dogslink does not collect data anymore it should not be a problem. also if you only reference to sherro property the dogslink property does not matter.

you should also wipe default page from sherro too.

what do you use to get the desktop link?
--

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I drag the link from my account to the desktop
Dogslink1 is in use but i have never used it
There is info on that analytics page but very small