Analytics
7.1K members online now
7.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

google tag manager errors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to make google tag manager work in my blog. unitedstatisticians.com/blog

I have google analytics installed, google tag manager installed. I have also a plugin called google analyticator to put my tracking analytics ID into wordpress.

Now, before I go nuts, I wanted to know if somebody can help me understand a few things. 

First: Google tag manager seems to add tags and tracking code without actually modifying the code of the header in my wp. So should I remove the analyticator plugin and just add a tag for google analytics into google tag manager? What should be the right way to install analytics on my blog? 

Second: Google tag manager seems to be the "one place" to add all the tracking code I need. Should I, as well, delete my facebook pixel code and create a tag for it as well into google tag manager?

I am trying to figure out google services because it's overwhelming and I got confused.

I keep receiving the same errors in my GTM addon of chrome and I can't get why.

Thank you for the response.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Devid V
February 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Devid, 

Google Tag Manager is an amazing tool and can do a lot! 

My advice - because right now you're firing duplicate data into Google Analytics - is the following: 

#1 Insert Google Tag Manager into the header of your website and do a quick double check that its on all of your pages (view source). 

#2 GTM has a small learning curb for the basics but luckily it includes easy options for your Analytics, Facebook, AdWords, etc. Insert ALL your pixels/tags for Analytics, Facebook, etc. BUT make sure your 'rules' for firing not all the same. A conversion pixel shouldn't fire on 'all pages' but your analytics tag should! 

#3 Before you remove your previous tags/pixels make sure to do a good QA check and take advance of GTMs debugger tool. Enter debug and preview mode and make sure everything is working properly. https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6107056?hl=en

#4 Remove your other tags that are installed with plugins or manually. 

#5 Install Google Tag Assistant as an extra too to make sure everything is working properly! https://get.google.com/tagassistant/

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did what you said and now it is working properly, analytics tag gets fired and I can see the visits in real time, but I still see these three errors.

Why?

Thank you so much!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Devid, 

It looks like you either didn't properly post the script or you still have an additional Analytics script manually posted inside your website. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: google tag manager errors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Itmay look like that, but I am sure that I do not have any script for
analytics in the header of my wp blog.
Is there any other reason for this issue?