AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

google 'analyticstrackingphp' is displayed on my website for public view. How can I remove this.

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Google  -  'analyticstrackingphp' - words are displayed on my website and can be viewed by all visitors to my website. Please can someone tell me, or explain, how can I remove this.

Philomena in Scotland

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google 'analyticstrackingphp' is displayed on my website for public view. How can I remove this.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Sounds like the tracking hasnt been installed correctly.
Are you able to provide a link to the website to allow one of us to take a look via browser

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: google 'analyticstrackingphp' is displayed on my website for public view. How can I remove this.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Philomena,

It looks like you've added the php include code to a html page where php is not parsed.
You either need to configure your web server to parse php code in html files or to add the javascript tracking snippet directly to your html code. You can get the tracking code from Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info -> Tracking Code. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Not applicable
# 4
Not applicable
Thank you Arnold and thank you Bronwyn,

I am a novice and not well versed in tracking code or what 'parsed' means. I just added the snippet after copying it. I didn't think too much about it. I tend to use, 'a wing and a prayer'. Which hasn't quite worked this time.

I thought it was an error in the tracking code but I can't find a way to change it, remove it , replace it or 'tweak' it.

I agree the tracking hasn't been installed properly but ... as I said above ... I can't find a way to fix it.

The website is ... www.philibrium.org ...

I have to access it via my 'favourites' link as it has a bit of competition from my previous website of the same name.

Thank you both,
Philomena

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Philomena :-)
The tracking code is there without any issues..
I've copy/pasted the following from the source code and the bit that I have marked as bolded red "analyticstracking.php" needs to be removed:

</style>
"analyticstracking.php"
<script>

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-76291487-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi,

The tracking code is installed properly, you just need to delete the text "analyticstracking.php"

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Not applicable
# 7
Not applicable
I can't delete 'analyticstrackingphp' because I don't know where it is.

I know it is displayed on the website online but I can't see it anywhere on Serif 8 which is my web builder. I just can't see it. Can you tell me where it is hidden? You will understand that I am a bit of a novice at this kind of thing.

Thank you for your advice.

Philomena

Not applicable
# 8
Not applicable
I can't find my way back to the original analytics tracking code. It's just a maze ... to a novice.
thank you for your advice. I'll keep trying.