AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

google analytics for single page app running locally

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We like to use Google Analytics on our single page app.  I have read through all technical guides and still run into issues.  Here is the setup: 

1. the single page app deployed to local server for testing, so the url to access the app is like: http://localhost/~shanl/myapp/

2. the single page is index.html, into which I put the following codes before </head>:

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

//ga('create', 'UA-34423886-3', {'storage': 'none', 'clientId': device.uuid});
ga('create', 'UA-34423886-3', 'auto');
ga('set', 'checkProtocolTask', null);
ga('set', 'checkStorageTask', null);
ga('set', 'appName', 'Marvelous Deltek APP2');
ga('set', 'page', '/index2.html');
ga('send', 'screenview', {'screenName': 'LaunchScreen2'});
ga('send', 'pageview');
ga('send', 'event', 'Apps', 'Enter', 'Maco TE2');

3. the hits did not get tracked.  Using Google Tag Assistance, shows a error message "No HTTP Response Detected".

Could someone shed some lights on what goes wrong?  BTW, cookie domain set to 'auto' or 'none' yields the same result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shan L
December 2015

Re: google analytics for single page app running locally

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To follow up on this, and thanks again @GA Guru for the recommendation of the wonderful tool, the problem actually lies to the Content Security Policy of the header in index.html. After adding google analytics to the list, I am able to track the hits.
Now if I want to wrap this in a cordova hybrid app, I might need to use a local analytics.js.

View solution in original post

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @GA Guru for the great tool. It seems promising, and I will give it a try. For the url path, I follow exactly what google suggests. I guess its purpose is to adapt to 'http' and 'https'. Is this the reason? If that is the reason, following the same logic, I should use a local analytics.js if I want to package it into hybrid app. Is it right?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shan L
December 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To follow up on this, and thanks again @GA Guru for the recommendation of the wonderful tool, the problem actually lies to the Content Security Policy of the header in index.html. After adding google analytics to the list, I am able to track the hits.
Now if I want to wrap this in a cordova hybrid app, I might need to use a local analytics.js.