AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

google analytics and rvsitebuilder

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I just signed up for analytics. So far I've found this site very confusing as I've been trying to figure out how

to post a topic. At first attempt I was informed I did not have permission to post, then I have no idea as to what I did but I found myself here and probably won't be able to find my way back.

My problem is I'm trying to insert the google analytic code into RVSitebuilder Pro which is the site builder I'm using to build my site: 9wired.com.

I've checked their forums but found no responses later than 2011 and they were not that informative. If anyone knows how to insert the code that would be a big help. I can access the HTML from within the site editor but I cannot access the head or body tags.

Thanks in advance

Roger

9wired.com@gmail.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google analytics and rvsitebuilder

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Roger :-)
I'm not familiar with rvsitebuilder.
Not all platforms/site builders are compatible with Google Analytics
I did have a look at one of their tutorials on how to use it and one thing i noticed was that there is no mention anywhere of any ability to add javascript code.
You will need to ask on their support forum whether the site builder allows you to add your own javascript to the site pages.
Once you finish building your site, are you able to edit the pages in a plain text editor such as notepad and then upload them to your hosting via ftp?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response,

I'm not sure about adding java, I'll have to check into that. As far as FTP access, the answer is no but I can export the template, modify it and then import back into the sitebuilder. then the question would be if I'm capable of that or not.

I was hoping this would be easy but it looks as if it will be more involved than I thought.

I had hoped someone here was familiar with this sitebuilder. I've seen some of the responses to this question on the RV forum but the answers didn't seem like they would work.

I'll check with RV support on this.

Thanks for your time and quick response,

Roger

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Roger, just a quick thing to note -
When you speak with RV support, you need to find out about adding javascript (not java - they are two different things)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1) Launch the RVSiteBuilder in your Control Panel.
2) Click the button Edit Web site for the site you want to add the code.
3) Once in edit mode, click the Step 2 tab.
4) Click the link Site Properties from the menu.
5) Click the Edit button label head.
6) Paste the tracking code in the section embeded
7) Click Modify.
8) Publish your site with the changes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
Thanks for the info to get the tracking code into my website.
That did work and the I was able to publish the code but I don't think the
code is working properly.
I do not see any visitor info.
When I click on 'Send Test Traffic' what am I supposed to see? I get a
small window of my site,
does that mean it's working?

Thanks again,
Roger